Must Know Safety Tips For Our Indoor Shooting Range In Frederick
Safety Is #1
Heading to our indoor shooting range in Frederick can be an excellent activity for both the young and old. Shooting is an enjoyable sport and can be an incredibly safe sport as well. However, safety is not something that just happens. Safety is the direct result of intentional choices. When you come to our shooting range, we want you to have the best time possible. However, safety is always our number one priority at The Machine Gun Nest. Whether you are trying out shooting for the first time, or you are a seasoned veteran looking to sharpen your skills, safety must be at the forefront of your mind. It is no mystery that guns can be dangerous if misused. The good news is, safety is entirely possible and it is quite simple. Check out our top tips for safely shooting at our indoor gun range. Remember, if you run into any questions about safety while you are at our indoor firing range, we will be happy to assist you. We value the safety of everyone enjoying our range.
Start With The Basics
No matter where are you shooting guns, you should practice basic safety rules. These basic rules are so important they are often referred to as the 12 golden rules of gun safety. Even if you have been shooting for years, take a moment to review these rules. If you are new to shooting, these rules are the perfect place to begin.
- Treat every gun like it is loaded at all times.
- Always keep the muzzle of your gun pointed in a safe direction.
- Never put your finger on the trigger until you are ready to shoot the gun.
- Do not load your gun until you are ready to shoot it.D
- Do not point your gun at anything you do not intend to destroy.
- Know what your target is and what lies beyond it.
- Fully understand the handling and mechanical characteristics of the firearm you are using.
- Only use the proper ammunition for the gun you are shooting.
- Ensure the barrel of your gun is cleared of any obstructions before you load the gun.
- If your gun does not fire when the trigger is pulled, keep the gun pointed in the shooting position for a few seconds. Carefully move the muzzle, still pointing it in a safe direction, and unload the gun
- Never rely on the gun’s safety to keep it from firing. Practice caution.
- Observe your surroundings before you shoot. Make sure you know the space around you so you do not fall or lose your balance while holding the gun.
As you can tell from a common theme of the above rules, the basic sentiment of gun safety is to exercise extreme caution when handling guns. It is absolutely never ok to joke around and point a gun at another person, even if it is unloaded. Treat your gun like a loaded weapon capable of destroying what is in front of its path at all times. Gun safety truly is simple. If you treat guns with the respect they deserve, you won’t face any issues. There is no reason for shooting guns to not be a safe activity, but that safety is entirely in the hands of the person handling the weapon.
Keeping Safe When Shooting At An Indoor Range
When you come join us at our indoor shooting range, it is important to recognize your responsibility in keeping the range a safe place. We are dedicated to ensuring everyone at our shooting range has a great and entirely safe experience. You are a huge part of keeping things safe and fun for those around you. When you visit us at our range, we ask you keep some of the following safety tips in mind.
- Keep the above basic rules in mind at all times and practice them just like you would shooting guns anywhere else.
- Listen to and follow the instructions from our Range Officer.
- Always keep the muzzle of your gun pointed down range.
- Always wear the proper eye and ear protection when at the range. If you forgot your eye and ear protection, let us know and we can help you.
- Keep your gun’s safety on until you are ready to actually shoot the gun.
- Do not horse around while shooting.
- Do not mix alcohol with shooting at the range.
- When in doubt, ask questions. If you are unsure about the operation of your gun, or you have any concerns, please talk to one of our staff members.
- If you brought children to the range, ensure they are with you at all times and respectful of the rules of the range.
- Sign up for a safety class if you are new to shooting. Our safety classes are the perfect way to ensure you are a responsible gun user.
Our goal at our indoor shooting range in Frederick is to ensure that everyone visiting has a wonderful and safe experience. We look to you to help make this happen. Stop by today to learn more about our range or feel free to give our team a call. We look forward to having you. Interested in a safety class? Check out our class list here.